EKISTICS is looking for an energetic team player to join our International Planning Team in our Vancouver studio, working within a skilled multi-disciplinary team in a diverse and fast-paced studio environment. This individual is a Junior or Intermediate CAD and GIS Technician who is technically proficient in AutoCAD, InfraWorks and Civil3D, and has an eye for design.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Junior / Intermediate Technologist is a key participant in assisting EKISTICS on tourism, resort, residential, mixed-use and large-scale urban design and master planning projects in Canada and overseas. They bring strong technical skills and design sensibilities, providing technical support within our studio.
- The Junior / Intermediate Technologist will work with the Technical Director in the preparation of a range of tri-dimensional terrain models and road + site design projects using AutoCAD, InfraWorks and Civil3D, from Conceptual Master Plan Design to detailed Subdivision Plans.
- The Technologist will build detailed 3D terrain models based on 2D design concepts and assist in the preparation of renderings and presentation material using SketchUp, InfraWorks, Google Earth and/or Photoshop.
- The Technologist assists in the packaging and production of final documents, such as technical drawings and reports and uses a variety of software tools to enhance communication of technical information to non-technical users.
- Qualified + Driven: You hold a degree or diploma from an accredited university, college or technical institute in any relevant program;
- Tech-savvy: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, InfraWorks and Civil3D is critical. Familiarity with SketchUp, Google Earth and Adobe CC Suite is an asset. Knowledge of other CAD base platforms like MicroStation, Open Roads and/or GEOPAK Civil Engineering Suite is a plus;
- Knowledgeable: You have strong knowledge of detailed technical design and technical understanding of road design including horizontal and vertical alignments, water, sanitary and storm sewer design, and a good grasp on Digital Programs to produce 2D and 3D work. You’re comfortable working at a variety of scales and conditions, including difficult terrain.
- Good Communicator: You have good written, graphic and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely within the project team; the ability to speak Mandarin and/or Spanish is beneficial but not a requirement.
- Team Player: You are highly adaptable to shifting project demands and ready to jump in and do whatever it takes to support the team. You’re energetic, confident, and comfortable working in a team environment. You have a strong sense of professionalism and pride in your work, both individual and team-generated.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a talented collaborative team, in a diverse and supportive environment,
offering room for career growth and professional development, please submit your:
Resume, Portfolio Samples and a Cover Letter, telling us about yourself and why you think you are right for the role, to:
Federico Sierra at Sierra@ekistics.ca, with Junior / Intermediate CAD – Civil Technologist in the subject line.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or recruiters please, and thank you for your interest in EKISTICS.