EKISTICS is looking for a part-time Internal Accountant to join our Vancouver Studio starting January 2021. The position is responsible for performing full-cost accounting and managing a variety of accounting and finance functions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working within a fast-paced studio environment, the Internal Accountant is an integral member of the Administration Team with the following responsibilities:
- Processing and administrating Accounts Payable;
- Filing of monthly GST to CRA, and filing WCB;
- Administrating payroll through PayWorks software;
- Maintaining budgets and providing financial reports to Principals;
- Preparing expense reports and entering data into QuickBooks and BigTime;
- Organizing, coordinating, and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system;
- Administrating and coordinating insurance benefits;
- Preparing and administrating internal invoices;
- Performing duties as assigned by the external Accountant and Principals; and,
- Assisting the external Accountant with financial year-end reporting.
The role is suited to an individual who can learn quickly and has the following skill set:
- Qualified + Experienced: Proficient and experienced in bookkeeping (2 to 5 years of experience);
- Technology-savvy: Proficiency with Microsoft Office with advanced ability in Excel and QBD and QBO Software while knowledge / experience with BigTime or other PSA software is an asset;
- Effective Communicator: Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English;
- Independent + Flexible: Can work independently, able to carry out task with little or no direction, demonstrating initiative and the ability to effectively prioritize work and multi-task; and,
- Detailed + Organized: Thinks critically about the details of the task at hand and is extremely organized.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a great collaborative team in a diverse and supportive studio environment, offering room for career growth and professional development,
please submit a Resume and a Cover Letter, telling us about yourself and why you think you are right for the role, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with Internal Accountant in the subject line.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or recruiters please, and thank you for your interest in EKISTICS.