EKISTICS is looking for an energetic team player to join our International Planning Team in our Vancouver studio working within a skilled multi-disciplinary team in a diverse and fast-paced studio environment. This individual is an Intermediate CAD and GIS Technician with technical experience in AutoCAD, InfraWorks and Civil 3D; and has an eye for design.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Intermediate Technologist is a key participant in assisting EKISTICS on tourism, resort, residential, mixed use and large-scale urban design and master planning projects. They bring strong technical skills and design sensibilities providing technical support within our studio.
- The Intermediate Technologist will work with the Technical Director in the preparation of a range of tridimensional terrain models and road & site design projects using CAD, InfraWorks and Civil 3D, from Conceptual Master Plan Design to detailed Subdivision Plans.
- The Technologist will build detailed 3D terrain models based on 2D design concepts and assist in the preparation of renderings and presentation material using SketchUp, InfraWorks, Google Earth and/or Photoshop.
- The Technologist assists in the packaging and production of final documents, such as technical drawings and reports and uses a variety of software tools to enhance communication of technical information to non-technical users.
- Qualified + Driven: You hold a degree or diploma from an accredited university, college or technical institute in any relevant program;
- Tech-savvy: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or InfraWorks is critical. Familiarity with Sketch UP, Google Earth and Adobe CC Suite is an asset. Knowledge of other CAD base platforms like MicroStation, Open Roads and/or GEOPAK Civil Engineering Suite is a plus;
- Knowledgeable: You have strong knowledge of detailed technical design and technical understanding of road design including horizontal and vertical alignments, water, sanitary and storm sewer design. A good grasp on Digital Programs to produce 2D and 3D work. Comfortable working at a variety of scales and conditions including difficult terrain.
- Good Communicator: Has good written, graphic and verbal communication skills; and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely within the project team in English. Ability to speak Mandarin and/or Spanish is beneficial but not a requirement for the position. Energetic, confident, and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Team Player: You are highly adaptable to shifting project demands and ready to jump in and do whatever it takes to support the team. You have a strong sense of professionalism and pride in work, both individual and team-generated.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a great collaborative team in a diverse and supportive environment, offering room for career growth and professional development, please submit a resume and a cover letter telling us a about yourself and why you think you are right for the role.
Send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Intermediate – Civil Technologist in the subject line.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
Thank you for your interest in EKISTICS.