EKISTICS is looking for a passionate and energetic Creative Director to lead our small (but mighty!) in-house creative team. This is a 12 month contract covering maternity leave, beginning Sept/Oct 2019.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Creative Director works in close collaboration with Principals and Project Managers both locally and internationally. This is a diverse role leading a small team, where you will sometimes be required to work as Art Director, Lead Designer or Project Manager depending on the scope of the work.
- Nurturing and evolving the EKISTICS brand as well as supporting the graphic design needs of projects and teams through education and hands on support.
- Maintaining and enforcing a coherent brand experience across all media throughout the company.
- Directing the design and development of various print and web applications; from vision books and technical documents, to digital media, large scale graphics, presentations, videos, illustrations, and content for social media channels.
- Managing day-to-day operations of a small design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved.
- Overseeing and providing daily management of the creative output of the team, including guiding design direction and interaction with teams and vendors.
- Expertly developing, articulating and conceptualizing ideas to the team and leadership.
- Overseeing simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing designs and deliverables.
- Participating fully in the design process, from concept to delivery of objectives (including liaising print, sourcing vendors).
- Reviewing, editing and approving designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by a variety of multi-disciplinary teams as well as written communications for internal and external use.
- Managing EKISTICS website and social media channels, developing cross-platform content and messaging.
- Creating the vision and leading the planning, organizing and execution of large company events such as career celebrations.
- Initiating opportunities that foster our culture and bring people together throughout the year. Contributing ideas and inspiration for new initiatives.
- Providing education and resources to assist teams understand and maintain brand standards.
- Managing the performance and mentoring the careers of direct reports providing development opportunities, direction and coaching.
- Qualified: Diploma or degree in creative art/design or an equivalent combination of education with a strong portfolio.
- Experienced: Min 3 years professional in-house experience as an Art or Creative Director, with 10+ years experience in graphic design. You have experience managing the creative process from end to end and posses a solid understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts.
- Skilled + Strategic: You are a problem solver and strategic thinker, with the ability to manage people, projects, resources and budgets. You have strong leadership skills and enjoy mentoring and team building.
- Detailed + Organized: A meticulous eye for detail, aesthetics, messaging, tone, production quality, and technical best practices. Excellent planning and organizational skills. This is a diverse position with lots going on – you must be able to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines at the same time, whilst managing a small team and planning ahead.
- Born Communicator: Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with a variety of personalities in leadership positions. Able to give effective feedback, critique designs and concepts, confidently advise on communication strategy (internally and externally), educate, teach and motivate.
- Collaborative + Self-Motivated: Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary talents within the studio to create effective appropriate materials. Ability to recognize needs unprompted and deliver effective appropriate solutions.
- Dynamic + Creative: You love what you do and aren’t afraid to think big or try something new. You have a passion for quality design and typography, and an intimate understanding of design, copy, printing and web best practices/guidelines. You have a keen interest in emerging technologies and design trends.
- Positive + Flexible: Our change-maker and team-builder. You approach challenges with a positive attitude and are adaptable to shifting project demands and tight deadlines. You offer alternative solutions to meet objectives and ensure happy clients, without compromising standards or integrity. You model our company culture and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking for a creative and challenging position where your effort makes a difference, please submit samples of your work, a resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you think you are right for the role. This is an opportunity to be creative in your application!
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in EKISTICS.