EKISTICS is looking for an energetic team player to join the Canada Planning Group in our Vancouver studio. This individual has the technical experience to provide CAD + 3D Modelling support as a technician; and has an eye for urban design and development planning. Curiosity and willingness to learn are assets we are looking for, someone who wants to grow + say yes to new challenges!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Works with the Technical Director in the preparation of a range of dimensional CAD drawings, from Conceptual Master Plans to detailed Subdivision Plans.
- Works closely with the Modelling + Technical Manager building detailed 3D terrain models based on 2D design concepts and prepares renderings using SketchUp, Google Earth and/or Photoshop.
- Assists in the production and packaging of final documents, such as technical drawings, reports, public consultation materials and proposals.
- Uses a variety of software tools to enhance graphic communication of technical design information to non-technical users.
- Qualified + Driven: Holds a Technician/Technologist, Planning, Geography or Architecture degree or diploma from an accredited university or college in any relevant program with 1-2 years of drafting experience;
- Tech-savvy: Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite is critical; familiarity with Microstation, Civil 3D, Infraworks, SketchUp, Rhino 3D, QGIS and Adobe CC Suite is an asset;
- Knowledgeable: Basic knowledge of detailed technical design and technical understanding of road design (including horizontal and vertical alignments, water, sanitary, and storm sewer design). Fluency in 3D terrain modeling + analysis is an asset;
- Adaptable + Resourceful: Confident in taking on new challenges with minimal direction, highly adaptable to shifting project demands and with the ability to work independently;
- Detailed + Organized: Extremely organized work habits, excellent time management skills and high attention to detail; and
- Team Player: Thrives on teamwork in a multi-disciplinary environment and ready to jump in and do whatever it takes to support the team.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a great collaborative team in a diverse and supportive environment, offering room for career growth and professional development, please submit a resume and a cover letter, telling us about yourself and why you think you are right for the role.
Send your application by email to: email@example.com with CAD + 3D Modelling Technician in the subject line.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
Thank you for your interest in EKISTICS.